Hatfield-McCoy suggestions Needed
    DooDad

Hatfield-McCoy suggestions Needed

by DooDad » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:21 am

Planning a trip and need suggestions on where to get a room and trails to ride. With over 500 miles of trail system, I wont be able to do it all so I need the highlights please. Will have 2 new riders with me so it will have to be primarily easy trails. (nothing like newbies getting discouraged and wanting to quit) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Dan
    Dan
    Lovin' every minute of it
    GODMANOFFROAD

by GODMANOFFROAD » Tue May 09, 2006 11:28 pm

Sorry about being late. I just returned from there and it was awesome. Stay at the Rockhouse in Man, WV. Very nice place to stay. Has free laundry room and bike wash. Rooms are also a/c. Bikes are legal this year to ride on main roads too. If newbies are with you, ride the Pinnacle trails first. Very easy and scenic. Browning fork trails are fun but a little rough for beginners. As a veteran rider I like Browning fork. Hope this helps.
    When the girlfriend is ramblin'
    I'll be harescramblin'
  • jeronharris

by jeronharris » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:41 am

me and a couple of friends went there last summer and are planning to go again at the end of july this summer. we stayed at the depot it is in the town of gilbert and is right by the rockhouse trail head the browning fork easy trails are as wide as a road but are also very fun the main trail goes from town to town and at the other town is a mcdonalds and many other places to eat at. you can ride on the roads in both towns which makes it easy to get from place to place hope you have fun.
  • Wingman

by Wingman » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:52 pm

The wife and I have rode there as well. All I can say is awesome! Waterways is considered to have easier trails as well. In case you don't know the website is trailsheaven.com .