Found this link........for California "Red Sticker"
  • Stoughty

Found this link........for California "Red Sticker"

by Stoughty » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:03 pm

I was curious on where I could ride my bike (CRF450R) "legally" so I did some research on the net. I ended up with this link:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroad/ofhwymc.htm

Now from what I gather reading this page is that I'm allowed to ride my bike at these places during the time of the year that is posted. Is this correct? I assume it is but, is there anything I need to change on my bike to ride at these places (like a spark arrestor). My bike is completely stock besides the bike armor that I have put on so far. If I do need to change something, what needs to be changed so I can ride legally during the posted months?
    '06 CRF 450R
    '86 YZ125
    - Mike
    paul turner

by paul turner » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:38 pm

Stoughty

just a spark arrestor and 96 decibels, sir.

paul
    If you ain't crashin', you ain't ridin' :-)
  • marcus

by marcus » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:39 pm

HEY STOUGHTY THATS WHY I BOUGHT A 450X.BUT ANYWAY I RIDE GORMAN, SILVERWOOD AND AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A SPARK ARRESTOR THEY DONT REALLY SWEAT RED STICKER FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN. I ALWAYS SEE 2-CROKERS (STROKERS) ALL SEASON LONG.
    2000 XR 70
    2001 XR 80
    2003 XR 400-FMF PIPE,K&N FILTER,OPEN AIR BOX, JETTED
    2005 CRF 450X-WHITE BROS PIPE,TWIN AIR,PINK WIRE,BOYESEN PUMP COVER,WORKS SMOG BLOCK OFF,WORKS RADIATOR GUARDS,WB FUEL SCREW,XRS ONLY SKID PLATE,JETTED
  • Stoughty

by Stoughty » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:05 am

marcus...........so where do you ride at at Silverwood? I know you use to be able to ride in Honda Valley (which is near Silverwood), but I heard they closed it down. So where else can you ride at over there? Also, where is Gorman? I hear people mention it all the time but I don't know where it is.

Yeah one of my buddies went riding off the 15 last summer and he said a ranger stopped him. The ranger said he really didn't care that he was riding his bike during the "RedSticker - Off Season", just as long as he had a spark arrestor. But the ranger did say that not everybody would let him ride just beacuse he had a arrestor. Every ranger is different! Luck of the draw I guess!!
    '06 CRF 450R
    '86 YZ125
    - Mike
  • Marine

by Marine » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:02 pm

California SUCKS!!!!

How come yall put up with these stupid laws??

What tree hugging hippy took office and drove up the gas prices and created all these retared rules? California is the only state with its own set of RIGID requirements about emissions?!?!?!?

All I have to say is that I WILL NEVER live in California or anywnere that a tree hugger is in charge...bah! I can't belive you can still even OWN anything other than 1 hybrid car and that is it...before you know it in California you will only be allowed so many miles per year in that state and they must be driven with a car that has LESS power, very small, and is driven on a 9V battery....BAH! :lol:

I really feel for you california people.. :(
  • Stoughty

by Stoughty » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:50 pm

It does suck living in California! These dam tree huggers (PETA) ARE everywhere out here. I wouldn't live here if the ocean fishing wasn't so good (I'm an avid ocean fisherman). Even then, all these activists are trying to close the majority of our ocean from fishing. If this happens, I'm out of here......forsure!! I'll be in another state to where I could actually afford to buy a house, where my neighbor can't pass me toilet paper through our bathroom windows when I run out! Dam near everything sucks about Cali. But when you are born and raised here, you really don't know any other way! I was shocked as hell when I just found out that Arizona has no "Red Sticker" laws as for most of the other states with motorcycles.

I think the "Red Sticker" law is stupid. I can't even fathom how they came up with this. It's not the millons of cars, or big-rigs etc... that produce the smog in Cali, it's the OHV's?!?!? So lets restrict them, that will fix the problem! I'd like to know what the difference between racing in the summer or trail riding in the summer is. If you can't trail ride during the summer, but you can race, what are you fixing? The smog is still going into the air. Just because your on a track makes it ok?!?!? The smog is not staying in the track. I don't know......I'm confused by this law. Sorry for ranting on, but you got me all fired up Marine. I'm done........for now!
    '06 CRF 450R
    '86 YZ125
    - Mike
  • Marine

by Marine » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:15 am

From my perspective (born and raised in TN/AL) California is Crazy rear backwards!! It seems as though the politicians are doing everything they can to appease the minority and letting the majority suffer...

There is no way that the majority of people out there like all these crazy laws that make things cost more and cause them to not enjoy their toys (ie. suped up cars, dirtbikes WITHOUT smog crap, etc)...

Sorry to have gotten you sturred up man...it just makes me mad...

ESPECIALLY the fact that homosexuality is accepted there....I REALLY don't like faggots (sorry, I lost my Politically correctness there LOL)
  • Stoughty

by Stoughty » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:10 am

LOL
    '06 CRF 450R
    '86 YZ125
    - Mike
  • crf Hawgie

by crf Hawgie » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:33 pm

O.K. Settle down now. California is a tuff place to live especially if your a conservative like myself. But it's worth it all to live in the best state in the country with everything you want to do within 3hrs of driving. From surfing at the beach to snow skiing, Hunting, fishing, and of course great places to ride.
    07' crf250x

Scotts steering dampner
    JD jet kit red ndl. #2, 185main
    40pilot. 40leak,1 1/2 turns out
    ICO checkmate
    Hotcam
    FMF Silencer & FMF MegaBomb
    Team Hawg MX EZ-UP stand
    Athena 280 KIt
  • redrider911

by redrider911 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:37 pm

I think I saw a label somewhere that said "Living in the state of California has been know by the state of California to cause cancer."
  • Banger

by Banger » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:10 pm

I thought about moving to CA at different times in my life. I just can't deal with all the stupid rules and regulations. Don't smoke anymore but you mean to tell me I can't smoke when I'm driving my on vehicle, get a grip! I think CA takes pride in being the outcast or something. I wish there was somewhere else that had so many cool riding areas. Seems like some of the best ride spots are in CA. Maybe it's just the old saying "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence".
    05 CRF450X
    05 CRF230F
    05 CRF150F
    05 CRF 80F
    05 CRF 70F
  • Dirtclod

by Dirtclod » Sun May 20, 2007 11:37 am

[quote="paul turner"]Stoughty

just a spark arrestor and 96 decibels, sir.

After reading the Caption on this building doesn't make you wonder what the riders are up to..?

Image[/list]
    Color me gone!