USDR Round #1 pics
  • gj2slick

by gj2slick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:09 pm

No doubt Kyle those are some good ones,but this course was rough! Its the first time since the 80.s that I got blisters,but there alot smaller and still in just the bubble stage.During the race I kept telling myself to breath and loosin my grip which helped alot to keep me focused.

Hey PT after being awake and rereading all your captions for the pics,I laughed alot,some funny stuff. Good job.

Greg...Slick
    Pat Turner

by Pat Turner » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Dang it seems like we've been tryin to meet up forever LOL we'll be at dirt diggers!
    2011 USDR Open Expert
    2011 D37 Hwt AM
    Thanks: My dad/mechanic for the support, DirtDigits, Kenda, Scott USA, Torco Racing Fluids, Hank Stockdale, Dan Johnson, Gaerne
  • gr8effex

by gr8effex » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:20 pm

ThumperX wrote:Steve, i'm not sure if its the glove/grip combo i'm using or the suspension settings. I have a full revalve/springs front and back that works pretty well or so I think. As you can see I tried to tape my hands but it just pushed up. I'm going to try some glove liners, different gloves, and a fresh pair of spider grips with a harder compound and if that doesn't fix my problem i'll start playing with the clickers. I'm tired of blisters!! :x

From experience, I would say it's you're suspension. I don't think it's plush enough in the initial stroke. Just because you had it revalved doesn't mean it's right. I've had my suspension done thinking it was good but it was like a rock, blister city and I rode it a long time like that! After I started taking my suspension (KTM) to Earl Shuler what a difference. Very plush and perdictable. My Honda has Precision Concepts, it's pretty plush but I notice it deflects alot in the rocks so I need to have them fine tune it or just have Earl set it up. You're more than welcome to ride my Honda some time, I betcha there's a big difference.

Steve
  • ThumperX

by ThumperX » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:43 pm

gr8effex wrote:
    ThumperX wrote:Steve, i'm not sure if its the glove/grip combo i'm using or the suspension settings. I have a full revalve/springs front and back that works pretty well or so I think. As you can see I tried to tape my hands but it just pushed up. I'm going to try some glove liners, different gloves, and a fresh pair of spider grips with a harder compound and if that doesn't fix my problem i'll start playing with the clickers. I'm tired of blisters!! :x

From experience, I would say it's you're suspension. I don't think it's plush enough in the initial stroke. Just because you had it revalved doesn't mean it's right. I've had my suspension done thinking it was good but it was like a rock, blister city and I rode it a long time like that! After I started taking my suspension (KTM) to Earl Shuler what a difference. Very plush and perdictable. My Honda has Precision Concepts, it's pretty plush but I notice it deflects alot in the rocks so I need to have them fine tune it or just have Earl set it up. You're more than welcome to ride my Honda some time, I betcha there's a big difference.

Steve

PM sent...
    05' CRF250X
    07' CR250R
    02' CRF450R
    82911sc

Hot Dogs

by 82911sc » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for the hot dogs and other goodies PT.
    Everyday You Put Off Riding Is a Day of Fun Lost Forever !!

paul turner

Re: Hot Dogs

by paul turner » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 pm

82911sc wrote:Thanks for the hot dogs and other goodies PT.

Yur Welcome Sir. :)

I was thinking maybe some beef wellington next time ;)
    8) :)
    If you ain't crashin', you ain't ridin' :-)
    lightflight

by lightflight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 pm

How do you see anything on those starts if you aren't in the front? :shock: I have never done a desert race. just races at glen helen and other endurance type races. I would like to do one sometime. How long are they?
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:37 pm

paul turner wrote:

I was thinking maybe some beef wellington next time ;)

Ohhh??? does that come in a tube too? :shock: :lol: :lol:
    Vee5

by Vee5 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

paul turner wrote:

I was thinking maybe some tofu beeflike wellington next time ;)

fixed :shock:
    Is it beer :30 yet?
    paul turner

by paul turner » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Vee5 wrote:
    paul turner wrote:

I was thinking maybe some tofu beeflike wellington next time ;)

fixed :shock:

:shock: :shock:
    If you ain't crashin', you ain't ridin' :-)
  • gj2slick

by gj2slick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Hey Steve does Earl Shuler have A son named Ron Shuler by chance.I used to have some good dices with him in the 80,s in D-37 even though we were in different classes.

Greg...Slick
  • Rhoghead

by Rhoghead » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:01 am

Thanks for the Pics n Support PT!!

Lets Grill @ Camp after the next USDR.......... :?:

Hogger.......... :mrgreen:

WEN N DOUBT, GAS IT.....
  • gr8effex

by gr8effex » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:33 am

gj2slick wrote:Hey Steve does Earl Shuler have A son named Ron Shuler by chance.I used to have some good dices with him in the 80,s in D-37 even though we were in different classes.

Greg...Slick

Yes. He rode a KX 500. He is starting to ride again.