James Stewart TRUTH.
    deejuks2

James Stewart TRUTH.

by deejuks2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:03 am

Stewart was going to be the greatest. He was going to pass RC in all his records, streaks, championships, everything. But he quit. Now he automatically threw himself into the "Jeremy McGrath" or the "Well, he's no GOAT" group of high-caliber riders. I don't even think it's a shame, i just think JS is a moron for throwing away his name and integrity like that. No matter how many supercross titles he racks up, even if its 10 consecutive titles in the next decade, he will never be thought of being as good as RC was, if he stays out of outdoor motocross for more than 2 seasons.

TRUTH.

p.s., go team honda 09!
    JAWS

by JAWS » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:02 am

Watching his interviews, he made it sound like the L&M team didn't want to, but he did. Are your facts substantiated anywhere?
    Joe
    '05 CRF450X,McClain suspension, Cycra Probends, Pastrana FMX Pro Tapers,BRP Sub mount & Scotts stabilizer.See carb sticky for more
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 am

JAWS wrote:Watching his interviews, he made it sound like the L&M team didn't want to, but he did. Are your facts substantiated anywhere?
    Joe

I agree. I also find it hard to believe that if James wanted a ride, and L&M didn't want to fund the outdoors, that he couldn't find someone to give him a ride.

Joe Gibbs racing would've snatched him up so fast their heads would've spun. They already have Yamaha, They're already commited to the outdoors as far as support, how much more would it cost to have another rider??

Especially one that can consistently win?
    deejuks2

by deejuks2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:46 am

JAWS wrote:Watching his interviews, he made it sound like the L&M team didn't want to, but he did. Are your facts substantiated anywhere?
    Joe

what team in their right mind wouldn't want their rider (mind you; one fresh off of a supercross title and a defending champs of a perfect outdoor season) to race? James can say he does or doesnt want to all day long because he has the excuse of his team to hide behind. As AS said, yamaha is already their with all of their commited riders; whats one more rider.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:10 pm

i sat down with james and his father, independently, and both assured me he was "absolutely" racing the outdoor nationals. i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that i was lack of a contract or other contract issues but it seems nearly impossible that he wouldn't have been able to hook up with another yamaha team..even at the last minute.

i know there are those who didn't like ricky for one reason or another but the man race both supercross and motocross every season of his career when healthy enough to do so. for that he's got all the respect i can muster. if james doesn't follow in this i won't have the same level of respect for him.

besides all of that, motocross needs him. he needs to give back to the sport that gave him supercross. just my '02 worth.

ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by frank821 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:21 pm

I can understand about the "respect" issue and all of that, but Stewart already has proven that he is on the same playing field as Carmicheal.... Just because he doesn't race a season outdoors, Certainly doesn't discount him being one of, arguably the best riders on 2 wheels...

In my opinion, he has nothing to prove.....
    Chad Reed, he better get movin, he has something to prove.....

Are we supposed to quit only after we have beaten a record? I don't see anyone complaining that Carmicheal isn't racing anymore..... He is still young and healthy..

All I am saying is, give the man credit where credit is due...

Just my .02
    05' CRF250R
    Pro Taper bars
    Excel Wheels
    Boyesen QS2
    AP Mod
    Kibblewhite Valves/Springs
    Pro-Action Suspension

www.pure-powersports.com
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:34 pm

i'm a fan of james...just disappointed he isn't racing to defend his championship. if he's healthy he owes that to the fans and competitors.

as far as having something to prove, if he wants to be the greatest of all time then he's got a lot to prove, ricky's wins and records demand that he prove it. if he wants to be known as someone who COULD have matched or surpassed ricky's records then don't race when you're healthy and let speculation reign. as we all know, being able to do something and actually doing it aren't the same.
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by frank821 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:04 pm

crfsonly wrote:i'm a fan of james...just disappointed he isn't racing to defend his championship. if he's healthy he owes that to the fans and competitors.

as far as having something to prove, if he wants to be the greatest of all time then he's got a lot to prove, ricky's wins and records demand that he prove it. if he wants to be known as someone who COULD have matched or surpassed ricky's records then don't race when you're healthy and let speculation reign. as we all know, being able to do something and actually doing it aren't the same.

Agreed.....
    05' CRF250R
    Pro Taper bars
    Excel Wheels
    Boyesen QS2
    AP Mod
    Kibblewhite Valves/Springs
    Pro-Action Suspension

www.pure-powersports.com
    deejuks2

by deejuks2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:18 pm

crfsonly wrote:i'm a fan of james...just disappointed he isn't racing to defend his championship. if he's healthy he owes that to the fans and competitors.

exactly. i remember him saying that he wants to be the Greatest of all time. It seems now that that will never happen, and i hope someone clues him in soon, before its too late.

Although.... i would be very happy to never see someone other than RC be the GOAT.
    wmrice

by wmrice » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:59 pm

I have no doubt that JS is a phenomenal rider, BUT, thats just the problem. Doesn't anybody else get sick of watching the same guy run away with it at every race? I think this outdoor season with him being off is going to make for better racing, case in point hangtown. That was a good race and I hope to see more of that this year
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:07 pm

wmrice wrote:I have no doubt that JS is a phenomenal rider, BUT, thats just the problem. Doesn't anybody else get sick of watching the same guy run away with it at every race? I think this outdoor season with him being off is going to make for better racing, case in point hangtown. That was a good race and I hope to see more of that this year

+ 1 !!!!
    dirty mike

by dirty mike » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Give the guy a break.Whens the last time he's had some time off. Maybe the break will make him enjoy racing more.These guys put in a lot of work and deserve some time off. I also agree the racing is better when five different guys can win.
    06 crf450x
    e2 pipe
    flatland rad guards
    flatland skid plate
    07 150r expert
    dirtbikermicah

Re: James Stewart TRUTH.

by dirtbikermicah » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:57 pm

deejuks2 wrote:Stewart was going to be the greatest. He was going to pass RC in all his records, streaks, championships, everything. But he quit. Now he automatically threw himself into the "Jeremy McGrath" or the "Well, he's no GOAT" group of high-caliber riders. I don't even think it's a shame, i just think JS is a moron for throwing away his name and integrity like that. No matter how many supercross titles he racks up, even if its 10 consecutive titles in the next decade, he will never be thought of being as good as RC was, if he stays out of outdoor motocross for more than 2 seasons.

TRUTH.

p.s., go team honda 09!

well bubba already has a lamborghini, what else does he need?
    Pain only lasts for seconds. glory lasts forever.
    deejuks2

Re: James Stewart TRUTH.

by deejuks2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:27 am

dirtbikermicah wrote:
    deejuks2 wrote:Stewart was going to be the greatest. He was going to pass RC in all his records, streaks, championships, everything. But he quit. Now he automatically threw himself into the "Jeremy McGrath" or the "Well, he's no GOAT" group of high-caliber riders. I don't even think it's a shame, i just think JS is a moron for throwing away his name and integrity like that. No matter how many supercross titles he racks up, even if its 10 consecutive titles in the next decade, he will never be thought of being as good as RC was, if he stays out of outdoor motocross for more than 2 seasons.

TRUTH.

p.s., go team honda 09!

well bubba already has a lamborghini, what else does he need?

well maybe if he was a rapper his career would be over.... you know them, once they get the cash they want they're done, since it was never really about music anyway.... :lol:
    Benny477

by Benny477 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:12 am

In the last interview I saw of Stewart he said JSE-James Stewart Enterprise would fund his national racing and it was strictly up to Larrry and Mike(L&M) to decide if he was gonna race. Funding was never an issue but for whatever reason he`s out. I personally am sick and tired of watching this sport turn into a one man show indoors or out.