07 450r starting no start issue
  • punkrockkiel

by punkrockkiel » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:34 pm

ill also add I did put in a new stator, new flywheel, new cdi, new coil and cap, new spark plug but oem harness just shortened.

don't ask me if any of these helped but bike ran before I tore it down, so I'm betting the pop starting did something but it helped
  • MojoRisin

by MojoRisin » Tue May 10, 2016 12:54 pm

With regards to the 'idle' setting, what is the standard setting? I bought a used '06 CRF250R that was rebuilt; new piston, cylinder, clutch, etc. having idle/starting problems, plug looks like it's running rich, just put new plug in, but have no idea where my idle is set to as I've been turning it multiple times trying to adjust. Is there a stock idle setting to start from before I can take a look at the pilot screw to lean it out a bit?
  • punkrockkiel

by punkrockkiel » Tue May 10, 2016 2:22 pm

i was told 3/32 to have the blade open and that was too much. does the bike run?
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue May 10, 2016 3:28 pm

As far as the idle goes , its more or less what sounds/feel good to you , its usually around 1500-1700 rpm , but its honestly more of a preference than a "set it to this" setting , some people like it low as possible so when they come into corners on the track it does not idle high enough to pull them thru the corner or require excessive braking to keep the bike slowing , some prefer the higher idle and feel more comfortable with it up a bit to avoid stalling in corners , i searched thru the Factory Service Manual , and in the carb section i could not find a specific "setting" as far as turns go , all i found was a RPM reference of 1700 RPM +/-100
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • punkrockkiel

Re: 07 450r starting no start issue

by punkrockkiel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 am

I know this is coming up from the dead. I put together the bike back in the winter and tried to start it come spring....issue was all along and I didn't even think of it and no one else did.....clutch plates and fibers glued themselves together cause it sat for soo long. I never put it in gear and rocked it with the clutch in to get it free up.

better to post up just in case someone else has the same weird issue