make sticky at the top of each model sub-forum
    a parts reference list
    best would be an excel type list
    but then you or your mod would have to transfer
    new parts from the posts below to that list
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:38 pm

i love work...but, i'm not sure i understand what you're asking for. can you explain further. by parts list do you mean the part number with a description of the part? are we talking about the OEM parts or the aftermarket parts we sell in the catalog?

thanks ev!
  • ev

by ev » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:55 pm

a cross reference what other part can replace the OEM part
    example 250X
    rear sprocket also fit CR125 84-00
    CR125R 01-04
    rear sprocket also fit XR600 with beveled (or is the correct term tapered?) holes or if downcast holes only in connection with the XR sprocket screws

sometimes it is very handy to know what other part might fit, and how well or how much work you'd have to invest to make it fit ...
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:17 pm

sounds great! if you find such a thing let me know. seriously, that's a very difficult thing to produce. i've been told that honda dealers might have something like that but the ones i've spoken with say otherwise. i have the parts fiche from all the CRF's and even those won't help. the parts will often be the same and still have different part numbers (don't ask me why...it doesn't make any sense to me either).

i do agree that it would be a great thing to have. i'll keep it in mind and keep my eyes open...everyone do the same and let me know if you find something. if i can get the information i'll glading post it.

thanks ev!
    gillespiele

by gillespiele » Tue May 17, 2005 6:26 am

If you go to service Honda, you will find all OEM parts, part #, price, and diagrams of how it all goes together. Maybe just add the link to service Honda here at CRF's, will save alot of time creating something. :D
    05 crf 450R
    94 cr 250
    04 polaris 330
    braap207

by braap207 » Tue May 17, 2005 10:38 pm

I use planethonda as a reference. You can look at different years and see if the part number are alike.
    I don't ride dirty I ride canadian...
    05/06 NDMA MX Am State Champ

Your Mom goes to college is currently serving in Iraq