Off-Topic forum?
  • Immortal

Off-Topic forum?

by Immortal » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:06 pm

I was just thinking that maybe this site needs a forum so we can talk about other things beside bikes and a place to get to know eachother better? Just a suggestion..
    wade

Off Topic

by wade » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:32 am

Good idea Immortal, Go ahead and start a new topic, I'll keep looking for it so I can reply. :twisted:
    Tree....what tree?
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:07 am

sounds great...what would you suggest as a category...'misc', 'what up', 'you name it', just talk' ???

CRFsOnly
    wade

by wade » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:51 am

Let's call it "Off the topic", this might get more people talking. This forum will be about topics unrelated to dirtbikes, (not that there is anything wrong with that topic) but it might get more people talking. :twisted:
    Tree....what tree?
    zeke

by zeke » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:25 am

I agree with you guys about a new topic. I know this is a personal choice, but a good place to start is by filling out your profile. It allows other members to see where you're from, what your interests are, etc.

zeke
    Gordon

Dumb Things I've DOne (Motorcycle-wise)

by Gordon » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:35 am

1. Drove over an hour to a riding site, only to discover I'd left my helmet at home. That time I was able to borrow what I needed, but another time I arrived at a race only to find that I'd left my chain at home, still soaking in oil. I played spectator that day!

2. I reassembled an engine rebuild job and was about to fire it up when I discovered the wrist pin keeper on the workbench. Thank goodness it was a two-stroke! (Not so much work to get back to the piston.)

3. I once spent nearly 30 minutes helping another rider try to get his engine running before I double-checked his claim that it had plenty of gas. There was plenty of gas alright, but it was all in his gas can in the back of his truck! The bike had none!

4. Approaching two tree that appeared to be about 28" apart, I attempted to wheelie between them with the front wheel cocked about 45 degrees to one side. This often works, but his time I was concentrating so much on being centered between the two trees, I failed to notice a low branch on the other side. I stopped at the low branch. The bike didn't.

5. I once took another rider's word that a certain mud puddle was only a few inches deep, so I attempted to wheelie across it. My back wheel immediately sank more than axle deep, which slammed the front end down hard and it too sank axle deep. It took us over 30 minutes to extract it. ("That's odd. It only came up to here on the duck that just went across.")

6. I've given up dirt bike riding forever... at least six times.

7. Although not really dumb, so to speak, I'm currently riding Hondas while dressed head to foot in KTM riding gear!

8. According to many people I know (friends?), riding dirt bikes at age 57 is not a leading indicator of being the smartest cookie in the bowl.
    Gordon Banks, Huntsville, AL
    2005 Honda Pilot Tow Car
    2005 Honda CRF450X w/Rekluse
    2005 Honda CRF250X w/Rekluse
    2001 Honda Gold Wing GL1800
    1997 Honda 300 4x4 w/Powroll Big Bore Kit