Shop Day
  • loff

Shop Day

by loff » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Ken,

It would be great if you/we could organize a shop day. Pick a topic, for example how to adjust the valves. Have 3 to 4 guys that know how to accomplish the task. Have them supervise all of the guys working on their bikes. You can stock up on shim kits or other products that are needed for the days work. We can buy the necessary parts from you.

Fire up the BBQ and sell drinks. The profit from the food will create income to support future shop days.

Another plus is that we will all get to know you. The more personal the experience, the better chance that guys will continue to buy supplies from you.

Other topics.

How to fix a flat on the trail.
    How to grease your bearings.
    How to true your rim.
    How to fine tune your carburetor.

While I'm at it, I have another suggestion. Sell sings that say CRF's Only.com with a moveable arrow on it. Just like the inexpensive sings that a realtor uses to point out an open house. http://www.signoutfitters.com/store/lis ... tegory=242 Next time I'm in the desert I can use the sings to mark how to get to my camp. You could also offer a BIG CRF's Only flag that could hang from the back of a toy hauler.

Just some ideas,

Rich
    usmc88fan

by usmc88fan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:55 pm

I'd be game for something like that! Besides, wrenching on bikes is ALWAYS fun. Be even more fun to do it with a bunch of the crew from here!
    We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Great idea!!!

I'm in.
    usmc88fan

by usmc88fan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:14 pm

~ wrote:Great idea!!!

I'm in.

Your shop??? :lol:
    We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:06 am

i'm open to this idea. let me noodle on this and see what i come up with. logistics, tools, and liability are just a few of the specifics that would have to be worked out.

ken
    steakcrf77

by steakcrf77 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Man that all sounds like fun! Is there any progress on this? I am not even ready to do valves yet but to get in there with someone "holding my hand" would be great, I get kinda lonely working on my bike :roll: ;) :D