Died mid-ride/kickstarter now stuck
  • diggyd357

Died mid-ride/kickstarter now stuck

by diggyd357 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:50 pm

My son''s crf80f died on him today about an hour into a ride. He tried to start it back up , but the kickstarter seems to be frozen. He said the bike rolls freely , but the kickstarter just feels" like it's got a lot of backpressure on it" , he says. He said he was riding through a wet field with tall weeds.
    I'm a "2 stroker".... I've never owned a 4 stroke except my first xr50r when I was 8... I'm 39. Plus I'm in Houston, TX. and my son is in Baton Rouge . I'm not able to just go out and look at it so I'm just looking for vague ideas , starting points or similar personal experiences . Thank you.
  • ldavis

Re: Died mid-ride/kickstarter now stuck

by ldavis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:16 am

I had a similar problem with a bike I used to have (Crf50). I was small around 6 and had bent a valve from reving so high and it locked up from the piston hitting aganst the bent valve.
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: Died mid-ride/kickstarter now stuck

by Aussiecrf230 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Get your son to put the bike in top gear and see if he can push the bike and turn the motor over. That will rule out the engine locking up.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas