150f running issue, need help!!!!
  • reddogs

150f running issue, need help!!!!

by reddogs » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:20 am

hello guys i need some insight on this one please!!
    so i just bought my gf an 04 150f, its her first bike. when i bought it it ran rough and the guy said it had very old gas in it which is what it sounded like when running. being hesitant i got it anyway thinkin it would be minor being a honda and all, but that has not been the case.

well i took the carb fully apart and cleaned it to perfection. set the fuel screw 1.5 turns out and idle stop screw 1 turn out, same as before removal. bike has exact same issue as before and will barely run with gas and choke in any position, slightly beter with choke on but will still die. spark is good and fresh fuel in it. so now im thinking either incorrect jetting, bad rings or valves. i am experienced in carbs so i am confident it is 100% clean and the issue is elsewhere or possibly jetting.
    is there anyone out there that can give me stock specs on all the jetting, including idle if possible, im not sure if maybe he switched out the pilot jet or somthin. i did a quick hand check on the valve clearance to make sure there was at least some clearance. i believe tdc is the 2 lines on the flywheel just before the F mark and at this point there is some clearance on both rockers. can anyone give me the spec and verify this is tdc cause there is also a t mark on the flywheel.
    lastly i did a compression check and it was roughly 100psi after several kicks. does anyone know what theyre suposed to be at? i am going to recheck but i poured too much oil into the cylinder to see if that will increase compression so i need to wait till it drains out. if compression goes up with oil in the cylinder that means i need to check out the cylinder and rings?
    does it sound like im on the right track?

any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated