HOW TO: Rejetting your CRF150F for better power !
    mustang

by mustang » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:43 pm

rocketman wrote:Maybe i expect too much! my 250x hits sooo hard right off idle and i guess i am looking for that?

What should i expect from idle up?

you do realize that it is only a 10 hp motorcycle
    personally I'd ditch the pipe and put the stocker back on !
    c-ya****mustang Image
  • rocketman

by rocketman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:39 pm

I don't have the stock pipe, but why would you ditch it?

Personally i always love a pipe. This one (DMC Alien) is a bit loud so defiantly not my first choice. I have a CHM on the 100r and i have a DRD on the 250x, very happy with both!
  • rocketman

by rocketman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:22 pm

Well i installed the quiet kit on the DMC pipe, MUCH better! I had installed a 45 pilot jet before (because the low end seemed so lean) but now a little stubborn to start when hot/warm. Do you think i should go back to the 42 pilot jet? Wasn't there an article out there about the effects of each fuel cicuit of the carb? i.e. needle, pilot, main etc....please list link.

Current:
    115 main
    45 pilot
    needle #4
    snorkle removed
  • PITBULL

by PITBULL » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:12 pm

i can't find the 115&42 jet.for my 05 crf150f my honda deller dont have them is there web site that has them?
    mustang

by mustang » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:37 pm

PITBULL wrote:i can't find the 115&42 jet.for my 05 crf150f my honda deller dont have them is there web site that has them?

these are honda p/n's any Honda dealer can order them for you .-99103-KPT-0420-Slow jet (42 being the size, stock is 40)

-99113-GHB-1150-Main jet (115 being the size, stock is 98 )
    :oops: :roll: :P
    c-ya****mustang Image
  • PITBULL

by PITBULL » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:18 am

thank's i'll call them and see what they can do
  • PITBULL

by PITBULL » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:35 pm

in the jeting form someone said servie honda might have them and they did so i got-em thanks yall
  • timb052

by timb052 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:35 pm

I changed the jets on my bike, it runs alright but it wants to sorta say bog when i give it alot of gas. I havent changed the air filter yet, it is on its way. All i have done is change the jets, any info on what could be going on?

Timbo
    mustang

by mustang » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:34 am

you need a better air filter than the stock honda one get a no toil or twin air , and remove the snorkel from the air box
    c-ya****mustang Image
    BadCarma505

California emissions equipment

by BadCarma505 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:48 pm

I bought my son a 2007 CRF150F and after doing the JD jet kit, and muffler mod to my '06 250X I want to jet his bike. However, his bike has the CA emissions equipment. There's no adjustments that can be made to the fuel screw. This is the same for my wife's '08 100F. Iwill get the 42 Pilot and 115 main jets for the 150F but how do I adjust the fuel screw? has anyone else encountered this?
    2006 CRF250X
    JD Jet Kit, 158 Main jet, 42 Pilot jet, Red needle, clip in 5th groove, air box mod, stock exhaust mod, stealth racing fuel screw 1 3/4 turns out, O-ring mod on AP.
    zak13

by zak13 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:52 pm

it has a d screw.
    but if it doesnt its there but you have to extract it some how.
    easy out maybe?
    then replace with aftermarket fuel screw.
    sellin my xr100
    zak13

by zak13 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:53 pm

deleted
    sellin my xr100
  • cecoen

by cecoen » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Not sure if I should have started a new thread or not so please move this if it is in the wrong spot.

I just did this jet mod and it didn't work out so well. The bike has always started right up with one or two kicks hot, cold, or whatever. When cold, it would stall a time or two while idling but other than that is starts and runs great.

Prior to this mod I had the core pulled out of the muffler and it lost a little down low grunt (if it ever had any) but it seemed to pull the front wheel up in second easier than before. But we all know how inacurate the seat of the pants dyno is!

So today I tried the jet mod and also installed my new uni filter. I oiled it like the honda guy recomended. I put it in a zip lock bag with a little filter oil and mushed it around until it covered it completely. It did seem awful oily but I squeezed a lot of it out before installing it. I hope I didn't leave too much oil in it. While I am pretty mech. inclined, this is my first foray in to the dirt bike world.

I then loosened the carb, twisted it on its side and removed the bowl. I swapped the jets and re-installed the little plastic piece around the main jet and the bowl. I put it all back together and kicked and kicked. It just did not want to start. I finally got it started and it did seem to idle without stalling(it was the first start of the day so it was cold) I warmed it up and took off down the street and it just wouldn't rev out on the very top end. It just kind of flattened out. I think it is too much fuel. It just lost its zing at WOT. I re-installed the factory main and it runs just fine now. I did leave the bigger idle jet and hope it will start easier tomorrow.

Now, my main issue.......if you stab the throttle right from idle it just does nothing. If you bump the throttle and then stab it, it revs out just fine. It just has a kind of flat spot right off idle. What would cause this right off idle flat spot? Once you go past it, it revs just fine. It seems to be a little dead spot or something.

I was thinking of taking it in for a tune up but I don't want to give in this easy. It is a pretty stock 05 crf150f so it shouldn't be that far out of adjustment. Also, with a new filter, plug, and oil I'm afraid that honda will just replace that stuff and charge me for it.

What do you guys think?
    Thanks,
    Chad
    viper199

by viper199 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:16 am

I have a 06 150F and right after I start it up theres that dead spot when u just pin the throttle but it goes away after it warms up. its probably doing that because of the engine being cold and it has a slow reaction time when it does that because it is being overloaded with too much fuel. when it warms up, that dead spot goes away because of the engine being able to burn all of the fuel from when you pin the throttle.
    2006 CRF150F(mine)
    mods:PC T-4 full pipe, michelin ms2 rear tire, dunlop d756f front tire, snorkel out, rejet, renthal grips
    2007 rhino se(dads)
    1 inch spacers on the front, 1.5s on the rear
  • jjgabe

by jjgabe » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:36 pm

It has been a while since anyone was in this topic but I have an issue. I am attempting to install the sticky to my wifes 07 150F. She rides at the bottom of the throttle most of the time and more or less putts around on it. We ride at sea level to 500ft in Hawaii, so it is always warm (high to mid 70's is as cold as it gets). Her bike idles rough when cold, requires the choke to start regardless of the temperature and sputters when she starts out. But the symptoms do get better towards the end of her ride, but when she parks it and rests, the symptoms come back when she goes to ride again. I have removed her air box snorkel and drilled the holes in the exhaust, but when i went into the carb, i found the needle only had 2 positions to place the clip (it was in the bottom position) and the only # it had on it was "C80". The main jet was a 95 and the slow jet is a 40. I believe the bike is rich when it is cold at the bottom and am looking to lean it out, but parts aren't easy to get here in Hawaii, they usually have to be shipped in and they aren't as cheap as they are on the main land, so I am getting a read on if I am in the right ball field before I order my parts. Thanks ahead!
    Gabe
    07 WR450F
    06 YZ125
    08 CRF150R
    07 CRF230F
    07 CRF80R