Where can I find Mike Coe's famous jetting info?
  • Rockworthy

Where can I find Mike Coe's famous jetting info?

by Rockworthy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:37 pm

I just spent about an hour and a half scouring this forum, Thumpertalk, and the internet in general, looking for this legend Mike Coe. I can't find him, or his world-famous, super-meticulous, carb jetting dyno research. Can anyone link to his table of information everyone refers to? His web site is not up anymore. I have a Honda CRF230F, the same one he's famous for working on. Thanks.
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:15 am

Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • Rockworthy

by Rockworthy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Helpful, thank you.
    VortecCPI

Re: Where can I find Mike Coe's famous jetting info?

by VortecCPI » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Mike Coe closed his business many years ago due to family-related issues.

If you need jetting information I can help.

I am also the one who made the Elevation/Temperature jetting charts. If you give me your elevation I can provide a chart for a range of temperatures.
    2009 CRF230F | (1) BBR fork spring | Bruce Triplett damper rods | ED11 / VE-33 tires | EO Outlaw exhaust system | Fox Podium X shock | Procom CDI | Stock bars | Stock carb | Stock head | UNI air filter | Web 40mc/402 (340/402) | Wiseco 4816M06550
  • Randy Anderson

Re: Where can I find Mike Coe's famous jetting info?

by Randy Anderson » Fri May 05, 2017 6:54 am

Mike Coe closed his business many years ago due to family-related issues.

If you need jetting information I can help.

I am also the one who made the Elevation/Temperature jetting charts. If you give me your elevation I can provide a chart for a range of temperatures.

VortecCPI.....if you're able to help, I'd appreciate it.

Environment Conditions - Northwest Indiana near Chicago. Elevation 700-800 feet above MSL,
    riding temps from 45-95 degrees F.

2005 CRF230F stock except as described below. Any non-stock items were installed this past month.

Airbox - Corked with snorkle, and screen in place.

Exhaust - Pro Circuit T4 header and muffler. As shipped new, no baffles were removed.

Carburetor - Rebuilt with stock jets. Was running very lean making pipe glow red. I went up one jet size on primary and main. Current jets are 105 main, 45 pilot. Took out yesterday at 50 degrees F and it seemed to starve for fuel and stumble at 3/4 throttle or so. It was very strong and torquey in the lower rpm range. Starts and idles great cold or warm with very little choke. Support at Pro Cicuit said with everything else being stock, go up one or 2 jet sizes at the most. Yet many forum posts seem to go much larger than 1 or 2 sizes up.

I'm not sure what my next move should be in order to provide adequate carburetion for that upper rpm flat spot. Should I increase the main jet one more size, change the needle, change the clip position on the needle?

Also....the plastic flower looking slip on piece on the bottom of the main jet....is there a way to make that stay on? It tends to fall off when reassembling the carb and if I flip it over so that it doesn't fall off, the rubber seal for the bowl falls off. .....then I cuss and the wife scolds me and the neighbors close thier windows and hold the kids ears.

Thanks, Randy