Need Outer Fork Tubes
  • Irlanski

Need Outer Fork Tubes

by Irlanski » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:08 am

Hi All,
    I have a 2017 CRF250-Rally that was in a collision and both the outer (brass colored) fork tubes need replacing. I have 2 questions and would appreciate any help...

1. These outer (brass colored) fork tubes seem to be around $300 each new (part# 51410-KZZ-J01) and because the CRF250 Rally is a relatively new bike it is nearly impossible to get second hand parts - especially these items as they are usually the first to give way in a crash. Are these outer fork tubes unique to the CRF250-Rally only or are there other versions of the CRF range that use the exact same outer fork tube?

2. If I do bite the bullet and just buy new (part# 51410-KZZ-J01) then where would you recommend for the best price?

Kind Regards...
    Irlanski
    JimDirt

Re: Need Outer Fork Tubes

by JimDirt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:50 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

Have you checked EBay ?? , I find a lot of newer model bike parts there .....

For example , here is a COMPLETE set , including triple clamps , a little higher than $300 , but this is for everything
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-honda-crf ... Swr0tfBSiU

To answer your other question , I don't know what the interchangeability is , you might call a suspension shop like Race Tech or Factory Connection , as if anyone would know what is compatible , they would .....

Hope that helped ... ;)
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Irlanski

Re: Need Outer Fork Tubes

by Irlanski » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:43 am

Have you checked EBay ?? , I find a lot of newer model bike parts there .....

For example , here is a COMPLETE set , including triple clamps , a little higher than $300 , but this is for everything
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-honda-crf ... Swr0tfBSiU

To answer your other question , I don't know what the interchangeability is , you might call a suspension shop like Race Tech or Factory Connection , as if anyone would know what is compatible , they would .....

Hope that helped ... ;)
    That's very helpful JimDirt and thanks so much - will follow up

Irlanski