Adding ground clearance
    Zachc12385

Adding ground clearance

by Zachc12385 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:49 pm

My crf250l is really low and almost doesnt seem like a "dirt bike". I considered getting a different dual sport or getting a new suspension that gives me extra ground clearance. The stock clearance is 10 inches and id like to go to 11-12
    Zach
    2017 Crf250l
    Stock

"Just send it!"
  • Back2-2

Re: Adding ground clearance

by Back2-2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Trying to get 12" clearance out of a 10" clearance bike is not really possible. You do not have much for options - But here are a couple things that can help. Look into a taller tire size than you are running. Example is a 110 rear to a 120 rear makes a noticeable difference. Some brands are slightly taller than others of the same size, but very slight. A taller tire will also be wider so be aware of that. Next, you can take some of the sag out of your suspension to help from losing some clearance when you are on the bike. Basically stiffing up both the forks and the rear shock - not the best option but it will help. if you are looking to completely replace suspension components it would not be worth the investment and another bike would make more sense.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200