Accelerator fuel pump nozzle
    sak384

Accelerator fuel pump nozzle

by sak384 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Can the accelerator fuel pump nozzle be removed and replaced from the keihin fcr carb? If so does any one know how. If not how in the heck can you clean it real good?
    bambamsc

by bambamsc » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:05 pm

I don't know if it can be removed. Is it not spraying. If this is the case check for deterioration or a pinhole in the diaphram.
    sak384

by sak384 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Not really sure if it is. How can i get a definitive read on if the spray pattern is sufficient? It would be nice if it could be removed and checked under magnifying glass to look for gunk build up. Cleaned the carb and soaked the jets for 24 hrs and reinstalled and bike runs well except for the off idle response could be crisper. Since needles and jets are removable what can be done if this nozzle becomes necessary to replace. Buy another carb?
    bambamsc

by bambamsc » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Not really familiar with the 150r but the priciple should be the same. If you have the air box off, you can pump the throttle and see the "squirt" of fuel from the AP nozzle. There is a timing screw under the cover where the throttle cables connect. You want the squirt to be timed where it does not hit the throttle slide plate. Have you tried adjusting the fuel screw in or out slightly to see if you can eliminate some of the bog? I know there is an AP mod for the carbs. If you search the forums for the "redbeard mod" you will find it.
    sak384

by sak384 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:20 pm

thanks for reply. I have not tried to look in through the air box for the squirt. Will be doing the ap mod soon. Since i am going to replace all jets anyway i thought it best to replace the ap nozzle to be on the safe side. I happened to have a spare #52 pilot jet. i installed that and the idle was great and low end bog dissappeared. I would like to lower the pilot to #45 once fresh top end and valve reshim are done by the end of this week. I really would like to replace the nozzle because even though you may see the squirt how can you be sure the spray pattern is enough. It seems to me that nozzles will eventually be coated with gum and their output can be reduced and the naked eye not be aware of this. Can this nozzle be replaced?
  • talbzach

AP Nozzle

by talbzach » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:25 pm

I was having the same issue - huge bog right off idle. The AP nozzle was plugged. I did remove it by taking the carb apart and then turning the slot on the underside of the nozzle to "break" the press fit (mark the position of the slot with a Sharpie before turning for reassembly). I then pressed the nozzle with a flat screwdriver and it slid right out. Then I put the nozzle in a parts bath overnight. Reassembled and was like original - lots of snap of idle.
    riddler9

Re: AP Nozzle

by riddler9 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:53 pm

talbzach wrote:I was having the same issue - huge bog right off idle. The AP nozzle was plugged. I did remove it by taking the carb apart and then turning the slot on the underside of the nozzle to "break" the press fit (mark the position of the slot with a Sharpie before turning for reassembly). I then pressed the nozzle with a flat screwdriver and it slid right out. Then I put the nozzle in a parts bath overnight. Reassembled and was like original - lots of snap of idle.

Don't you just hate it when your first post is on a 4 year old thread? Good new is Ken will still welcome you to the forum ;)
    Official Lurker

crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 am

welcome to CRF's Only talbzach.

yes and maybe. yes, some can be replaced with this kit:

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product ... ts_id/4187

however, i have never done this on a CRF150R FCR carb and i'm not sure it is compatible. that's the maybe part.

if yours is clogged you have to apply air presser through the circuit and hope you can get it out. if not, the only other way is to split the carb at the midbody. this is much easier said than done and there's only one mid body gasket kit i know that is available and again, i'm not sure it is compatible with the CRF150R FCR carb:

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product ... ts_id/4592

i wish i had more definitive information.

ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com