Loud bikes
    edelnero940

Loud bikes

by edelnero940 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:23 pm

I know this has been mentioned before, but some people still need convincing.

Fact: More and more OHV land across the U.S is being closed due to complaints about the noise level of dirtbikes/atvs that are over the legal dB(A) limit.

Fact: In California, 5 acres of "noise buffer zone" must be set aside for every 1 acre of riding area. That's YOUR tax dollars going down the drain because of loud bikes.

"Our tracks are closing, riding areas/public lands going away. SOON THERE WILL BE NOWHERE TO RIDE, NOT EVEN ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY."

"Our goal is simple... we need to convince riders that there is a REAL PROBLEM with noise. Loss of places to ride / race isn't just "happening to someone else" . It's hitting us all close to home. It's not only the trail systems, it's MX tracks and it's PRIVATE PROPERTY. The "Closed Circuit" excuse for loud exhaust doesn't fly anymore. "

Using a loud pipe just for a couple of extra horsepower isn't worth losing our riding land over! It only takes a few unwilling people to ruin the sport for everyone else. Don't let our land dissapear because "My bike sounds cooler when its loud."

ALL THIS INFO AND MORE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ridestealth.com
  • CRFryder

by CRFryder » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:37 pm

i hate how loud my bike is, its acctually hurts if u revv it up high while in neutal :? so yea i need a silencer
    a CRF250X AZ model(but i live in CA :twisted:)
    -racing Cam
    -pro taper bars..or w/e
    -and other stuff
    ___yea, I spelled rider wrong, so what?___
    Ernie Pezz

by Ernie Pezz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:34 am

CRFryder wrote:i hate how loud my bike is, its acctually hurts if u revv it up high while in neutal :? so yea i need a silencer

Sounds like you need to go ride your bike in Az. We surely don't need it here in Ca.
    My Garage:
    http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/garage.ph ... cle&CID=29

Small enough cry babies?
    devistation

by devistation » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:26 pm

Ernie Pezz wrote:
    CRFryder wrote:i hate how loud my bike is, its acctually hurts if u revv it up high while in neutal :? so yea i need a silencer

Sounds like you need to go ride your bike in Az. We surely don't need it here in Ca.

Dam Ernie..... He said he didn't like how loud his bike was and was in need of a silencer.. You've been hanging out at TT again haven't you..[-X

Next thing you know you'll be telling him to by those inferior radiator guards you have.....
    BigOL3

by BigOL3 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:54 pm

I fully realize that a lot of riding areas have been closed...under the guise of noise. I don't completely buy that. I think the loud issue is one more of convenience for the tree huggers, than reality.

It is my opinion they want all bikes gone.....period. The exhaust pollution tactic did not completely work, so they tried the noise pollution method, and has gotten them more of what they want. Here, part of the Nat. Forest riding area was closed....but not because of noise....it is in the middle of nowhere. It was claimed to be due to erosion control.

As a general rule, bikes are much quiter than they use to be, but the noise card is still being played. It will not end regarless of how quite the bikes are. PAC is what is needed. Politics/$$ talks and BS walks! Just my .02 cents
    05 CRF450X
    Utah skidplate
    Unabiker red rad guards
    CRF's Only rear tugger
    CRF's Only FS
    JD jetting kit..170 main, red neddle, 4th pos
    Twin Air Power Flow kit w/Napalm mounting bolt
    Air box snorkle remvd... Exhaust baffle remvd
    devistation

by devistation » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:02 pm

BigOL3 wrote:I fully realize that a lot of riding areas have been closed...under the guise of noise. I don't completely buy that. I think the loud issue is one more of convenience for the tree huggers, than reality.

It is my opinion they want all bikes gone.....period. The exhaust pollution tactic did not completely work, so they tried the noise pollution method, and has gotten them more of what they want. Here, part of the Nat. Forest riding area was closed....but not because of noise....it is in the middle of nowhere. It was claimed to be due to erosion control.

As a general rule, bikes are much quiter than they use to be, but the noise card is still being played. It will not end regarless of how quite the bikes are. PAC is what is needed. Politics/$$ talks and BS walks! Just my .02 cents

That is a good point... Most of the off road bike's now a days are very quiet indeed.. It'll always be something.. What about the open pipe harley's that corrupt our city street's?? Even open exhaust's on dirt bike's aren't as loud as some of the Harley rider's that think louder is cooler. Not when it wakes me up on a saturday morning when i'm trying too sleep.. No one seems to care about those guys..WTF
    dcrew

by dcrew » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:18 pm

All of the tree huggers are hippocrites. Do you see any of them giving up their cars or lawn mowers
    or any modern covieniences. NO!
    They are a bunch of do what I say not as I do idiots that will never be satisified
    and have nothing better to do than complain. :evil:

Dave
    Ernie Pezz

by Ernie Pezz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:40 pm

devistation wrote:
    Ernie Pezz wrote:

Dam Ernie..... He said he didn't like how loud his bike was and was in need of a silencer.. You've been hanging out at TT again haven't you..[-X

Next thing you know you'll be telling him to by those inferior radiator guards you have.....

After reading my response again, it did sound a little abrupt. I guess DD is wearing off on me or something. But then again there is the 96db rule. :) I apologize if any feathers were ruffled.
    My Garage:

Small enough cry babies?
    Ernie Pezz

by Ernie Pezz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:41 pm

Devin, By the way I'm going for an early morning ride this Sun. if you're not working. I don't know where I'm going though. Looking to ride for a couple of hours. Ernie
    My Garage:

Small enough cry babies?
    edelnero940

by edelnero940 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:17 pm

dcrew wrote:All of the tree huggers are hippocrites. Do you see any of them giving up their cars or lawn mowers
    They are a bunch of do what I say not as I do idiots that will never be satisified

Dave

exactly. they dont complain about using lawnmowers or other loud machines. Complaining about the noise is just an excuse to get rid of off-road bikes. Unfortunatley, though, its working. The more people that quiet their bikes, the less they have to complain about.
    devistation

by devistation » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:41 pm

Ernie Pezz wrote:Devin, By the way I'm going for an early morning ride this Sun. if you're not working. I don't know where I'm going though. Looking to ride for a couple of hours. Ernie

Sorry man Gotta work.... Maybe in july I have a couple weeks off.. I was just messing with you in that other post Ernie.. :twisted:

exactly. they dont complain about using lawnmowers or other loud machines. Complaining about the noise is just an excuse to get rid of off-road bikes. Unfortunatley, though, its working. The more people that quiet their bikes, the less they have to complain about.

Agreed.. That's why i put the Baffle back in mine, Its modified a little but still quiet.. I've heard a few after market pipe's thats sound very good but are still within legal db levels..

Hell out at prairie city in Sacramento they have signs warning you about the law's, yet aero jet is right next door testing jet's and contaminating the american river. Carnegie has the same warning signs, yet there is a gun range across the street, and livermore labs test facility down the street. Then you can be riding a fence side trail with your helmet on and hear an open piped harley jam by you on the street... Go figure
    BigOL3

by BigOL3 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:10 pm

devistation wrote:
    BigOL3 wrote:I fully realize that a lot of riding areas have been closed...under the guise of noise. I don't completely buy that. I think the loud issue is one more of convenience for the tree huggers, than reality.

That is a good point... Most of the off road bike's now a days are very quiet indeed.. It'll always be something.. What about the open pipe harley's that corrupt our city street's?? Even open exhaust's on dirt bike's aren't as loud as some of the Harley rider's that think louder is cooler. Not when it wakes me up on a saturday morning when i'm trying too sleep.. No one seems to care about those guys..WTF

Exactly. At least 60% of the road bike I hear are louder than the worst dirt bikes.....and they are everywhere. Been to a drag race or tractor pull....deafening. Yea, they are closed course, just like MX and HS....but usually closer to civilization. Go figure. We need an national organization that would seriouly stand up and fight for our rights in Wash. DC......not the AMA.
    05 CRF450X
    Utah skidplate
    Unabiker red rad guards
    CRF's Only rear tugger
    CRF's Only FS
    JD jetting kit..170 main, red neddle, 4th pos
    Twin Air Power Flow kit w/Napalm mounting bolt
    Air box snorkle remvd... Exhaust baffle remvd
  • CRFryder

by CRFryder » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:24 pm

Ernie Pezz wrote:
    devistation wrote:
    Ernie Pezz wrote:

After reading my response again, it did sound a little abrupt. I guess DD is wearing off on me or something. But then again there is the 96db rule. :) I apologize if any feathers were ruffled.
    FYI, i didnt make it that way, the preivious owner made it that way :? :? he like drilled holes in the muffler or something
    -racing Cam
    -pro taper bars..or w/e
    -and other stuff
    nminus1

by nminus1 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:57 pm

dcrew wrote:All of the tree huggers are hippocrites. Do you see any of them giving up their cars or lawn mowers

Dave

The celebrities are the worst-they buy a Hybrid car so they can be seen in it, then private jet around the country burning THOUSANDS of gallons of jet fuel into the atmosphere. Just because its at 10-20,000 feet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. F***ing liberal celebrities, I cannot stand them.
  • CRFryder

by CRFryder » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:54 pm

liberals just flat out suck
    -racing Cam
    -pro taper bars..or w/e
    -and other stuff