Loud bikes
  • Banger

by Banger » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:15 pm

I'm trying to figure out how these liberals are able to actually get areas closed down. I know there are a ton of liberals in the world, but how many of them are actually complaining or stirring up crap trying to get rid of OHV areas. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the liberals beliefs, I'm just wondering how they are getting these areas closed down. I meen how many people are really complaining, isn't there a vote or something before they close an area down? Are all us riders left out of the loop? What are the politicians gaining from closing down the OHV areas? I can understand maybe in CA. that there are more liberals then not, but what about these other states that are experiencing closures? Maybe I'm wrong about how many liberals there are in CA. and if I am then WTF. I think there is more to the whole thing then any of us will know, atleast for the next few years. We here in Oregon used to be able to ride all over Clackamas County, then all of Clackamas County was closed to OHV's, why I don't know. But right in the middle of one of the best riding areas (15 years ago) sits warhouse after warehouse. All I can say is WTF. I agree with Big0L3 we do need National Representation. Kevin
    05 CRF450X
    05 CRF230F
    05 CRF150F
    05 CRF 80F
    05 CRF 70F
    dmulligan

by dmulligan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:35 pm

Treehuggers, liberals, and environmentals are successful at closing lands because, while they are not in the majority, they take action. Most off-road riders bitch and complain but take no action. We need to sign petitions AND support organizations that fight against such closures.

What off-road group is leading this effort (HRCA??)? It appears that, as a group, we're not very organized. There are too many splinter groups trying to fight politicians. We need a single group (like the NRA - National Rifle Association) that has enough members (and power) to have a voice in politics and stop these closures. We pay taxes so we deserve the same consideration as hikers, mountain bikers, and horse-back riding.

Regarding the noise and pollution aspects, we need to take the excuses away from environmentalists. Every time someone puts a loud pipe on their bike and goes off the approved trails, our opponents get stronger because we give them more proof (i.e ammunition) of the damage we cause. Next time you see someone with a loud bike, have the guts to explain this to them. No whining! Take action!! My two cents. -Dave
    edelnero940

by edelnero940 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:19 pm

Talking about MX, I have heard this idea from other people, but if track owners give a price break to riders whose bikes are within the legal limit, i think it will encourage riders to keep their bikes quiet in order to keep some money in their wallet. But there is no solution like that for off-road riders. It just annoys me that it has been drilled in to so many peoples' heads that having a louder pipe means more power. There are quiet pipes out there that are as good as or better than the $400 ear-piercing pipes.
    jtsurfs

by jtsurfs » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:44 pm

Someone else said it earlier, but it's worth saying again. These Harley dirtbags cruise around at 4-7am on Saturday or Sunday riding to Starbucks or who knows where and they make more noise than most offroad bikes. Where is the noise limit for them? Why do the police not care?
    dmulligan

by dmulligan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:28 am

jtsurfs wrote:Someone else said it earlier, but it's worth saying again. These Harley dirtbags cruise around at 4-7am on Saturday or Sunday riding to Starbucks or who knows where and they make more noise than most offroad bikes. Where is the noise limit for them? Why do the police not care?

Some cities in Arizona do have a noise requirement for cruisers. I believe it's 85 decibals in Cave Creek (a popular biker area N. of Phoenix). They will pull you over and check your bike.

I have both a CRF450X and a cruiser (Honda VTX1300C) with custom pipes. My cruiser is much louder than my 450X!
    2006 CRF450X
    2001 YZ250
    2004 VTX1300C
    woodsman

loud pipes

by woodsman » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:58 pm

LOUD PIPES SUCK!!!! I think this sums up what most of us are thinking. Politicains need to look into sound regulations everywhere that are reasonable(for us bikers) and tolerable(for us nonriders).I believe that all dirtbikes could make great power within 96 decibals and street cruisers could make great power at 94 decibals.Thats just my 2 cents but quietpipes, not loud ones as the harley guy quote goes, save lives(and tracks).
  • MEATPALACE

by MEATPALACE » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:31 pm

I HATE LIBS.... THEY ARE SO F***ING WORTHLESS.. THEY ALL GO OFF WHAT THE GP ( GENERAL POPULATION FOR SOME OF YOU) WANT TO HEAR AND IF THAT MEANS FLOPING AROUND LIKE A GOD DAM FISH OUT A WATER... THEY WILL DO IT... THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY WANT.... AS FAR AS NOISE GOES I LIKE . LOUD AS HELL HOW EVER NOTHING I OWN IS REALLY THAT LOUD... TRUCK STOCK EXHAUST BIKE I TOOK THE BAFFLE OUT BUT I THINK ITS STILL IN DB RANGE... ALL THE THINGS LIBS BITCH ABOUT IS JUST THINGS TO KEEP YOU FROM THINKING ABOUT WHATS REALLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD..... ITS ALL POINTLESS BULLSHIT..... SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE BUT SOME OF IT NEEDED TO BE SAID... AS FOR CLOSING AREAS I THINK ANOTHER ONE THAT I WENT TO FOR A SMALL DAY TRIP JUST TO RIDE FOR A HOUR OR TWO GOT CLOSED.... AND I'M THINKING WHO THE HELL WANTS TO BE OUT IN THE DESERT OTHER THAN OFF ROADERS....