Dirtbike/enduroride around Scranton PA
    kallekula

Dirtbike/enduroride around Scranton PA

by kallekula » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:38 am

I'm going to stay in Scranton for 6 weeks from September. I'm from Sweden and could not bring my bike. Is there any possibility to rent a bike and go riding? Is there any companies doing that? Even if its possible to rent gears (helmets etc.)

Help a guy who not want to stop riding because he is away from his bike :cry:

Thanks and Regards Kalle
  • dsrpilot

by dsrpilot » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:11 am

Unless someone on this board is from Scranton and can help you, I'd suggest using google to try to find some places.

I googled quickly, and it appears that there may be some ATV & SxS rentals in that area, but I didn't see anything specifying bikes.

I'm on the other side of the state, about 6 hours away, and if I had to rent a bike around here, I don't know of anyplace that does that. I'd have to do some digging as well.

I'd also dig for some other forums, maybe bike specific, where you could post similar messages. I suspect that's how you got this message on here.

You might find a bike shop that has a used bike they would rent to you, but because of liability laws, that might be a long shot.

Your best chance will probably be to find someone close to Scranton with an extra bike that will take you riding. You'll likely find that person on one of the forum sites. If you're working with a company in Scranton, see if anyone there rides and can assist.

Good luck!
    '12 CRF450X - son
    '09 CRF250X and 2010 F800GS lowered - Wife
    '12 CRF250X and 2012 F800GS - me
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:20 am

i agree, your best bet is to find fellow riders in the area. hopefully it will work out for you. enjoy your time in the US.

ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by mtbottle454 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 pm

You could try posting a message on the East Coast Enduro Association forums. Scranton is near some of the best rock riding areas around. There are several enduros and hare scrambles close by. If anyone would know of bike rentals in the area, it would be them. They are at www.ecea.org. Good luck.
    kallekula

by kallekula » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:47 am

Thanks guys, I will try the way suggested above..