Little Egypt in Marion, IL
  • Pal

Little Egypt in Marion, IL

by Pal » Wed May 02, 2012 5:26 am

Anyone have any current info on Little Egypt? We were thinking about going for a long holiday weekend coming up and do some camping to, but their website barely has any info on it, the email address doesn't work and the phone just rings off the hook.
    dlpmx

by dlpmx » Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 am

Paul not sure what kind of riding your looking for but I'm from central il. and their are several places we ride that are closer to you.most have MX tracks and also woods full of trails.

South fork dirt riders in Taylorville... Camper hook ups nice large track lots of trails,flush toilets,showers,food. $12 ea rider, $20 night full hook ups. Primitive camping free.

The Badlands in Attica IN. Moto track,woods,dunes,and a seprate trials area.Lots of sand and pea gravel. Campground at the entrance with full hook ups to primitive.restrooms and showers at the campground.Last time I was there it was $20-30 per rider and $30 for full hook ups.(must hide beer)no alcohol allowed but not really enforced.

Brushy ridge in astoria IL.. kind of a run down supercross/motocross track,Lots of trails and they were working on a natural terrain MX track.$15-quads $10-bikes. primitive camping only that is free,outhouse only.

The first 2 places are close to or in town with shopping close buy,(also restaurants)Not sure what weekend your looking at but make reservations fast as the first 2 fill up quick.If you have any more questions shoot me a private message.

This is the number for the closest bike shop to LEOR and I'm sure they could help you with info.Their web site says their a corporate sponsor
    phone: 618-988-9194
    Phone: 618-457-5421

Dale
    All mods listed in the Garage
    <-----
  • Pal

by Pal » Thu May 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks Dl, we're from Aurora to give you an idea of where we are coming from. Yeah its a long drive but one of the guys thought it would be great trail riding due to the amount of land they have... I am looking at the other ones southfork looks like it could get crazy busy and we were thinking about doing it on this next holiday. We've been to badlands before and thats a cool place, its always fun to check out new places and hope they dont disappoint. BTW there is no more moto track at the badlands. They charged an extra 10 bucks so not to many people rode it so they turned it into a paint ball area I believe.. We've done ki tracks, rocky glen and FVOR and gobhill in the past as they are somewhat close to us.
    dlpmx

by dlpmx » Thu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm

You might try St joe state park in Mo. A lot of people from around here really like it.

Dale
    All mods listed in the Garage
    <-----
  • ghines

by ghines » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Pal,
    I know this to little to late for your trip but I became a board member this year for LEOR in charge of Public Relations. I apologize for our website as it is terrible. I'm trying to pry control of the website from another board member and give it a complete overhaul with all the information you need. It is a great place to ride with 1000 acres making it the largest in Illinois. We have a MX track for adults and one for the little ones. There are miles and miles of trail riding from easy to insane. I would love to have you guys come down this year and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,
    Gary
    redrider250r

by redrider250r » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Pal,
    Have you been to Sunset Ridge MX? Been there a few times myself and it is a great mx track with great soil. There is a smaller pee wee track but no trials. Also wondering what you thought of Ki Tracks. I ride there pretty often and is probably one of my favorite. Track owners and everyone there is super nice!
    "If you don't crash, you ain't goin fast enough"
    "The faster you go, the smoother it gets. (Unless saying #1 comes into play)
    2009 CRF250R (mine)
    09 CRF250R (brothers)
    08 CRF250X (dad)