CR85RB Top End
  • wardnasc

CR85RB Top End

by wardnasc » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:00 pm

I just finished replacing the original piston in my son's 2005, CR85 with a standard bore Wiseco. Everything went together very easily and we followed the suggestions we found in CRFs only for the break in period. The bike runs great, but I did notice that it runs a little hotter. Before the rebuild the engine and exhaust was just warm to the touch. Now, it is hot. You can still hold your hand on it without getting burned, but it is noticebly hotter. The plug looks good; dry and a light tan color. I had to add a little antifreeze and it seems to be circulating well. Is the hotter engine temp normal?
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:42 am

You will probably find that with the compression back to normal there will be a little extra heat.

No way you would normally be able to touch a hot cylinder and the expansion chamber would remove skin.

If it is running good leave it alone and don't use less oil than 32:1 mix, no matter what the oil manufacturer says.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas