Neck braces
  • mxer51

by mxer51 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 am

I agree with "taylorrep," dish out the cash and hope that when you are old and done riding, that it was a waste of cash. I recently bought the new$300 alpinestar neck brace. It wasn't adjustable so I returned it for a Leatt Club and it fits like a glove. Always make sure you get fitted in store before buying one, don't just go by their fitment chart.
  • cleaner

by cleaner » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:39 pm

To those that are on the fence about spending the cash on a neck brace.

I am a medical device sales rep and have been such for the past 10 years. I now sell instrumentation to repair broken necks as well as other instrumentation to fix backs. I am in the operating room 4 days a week with Orthopedic Spine Surgeons and Neuro Surgeons. Unfortunately I have watched surgeons I work with, put back together broken necks with my company's instrumentation. It is a very eye opening experience.

I have seen many a quadriplegics in the OR post accident, having their necks put back to together to prevent death.

You couldn't pay me enough money to not wear my neck brace.

Do your family a favor, GET ONE AND WEAR IT! Borrow the money if you have too to get a neck brace.

It's not a matter of if your going to crash, it's a matter of when and how bad....
    "Life might not be the party we asked for but while we are here we might as well dance"
  • rawly

by rawly » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:09 am

Just got my neck brace for free....and get to wear it for at least 2 months past my surgery date.Sure wish Leatt was around when I was doing most of my crashing(7 concussions that I can remember).Picked up 2 Leatts for my daughters,and will get one for myself when I can get back on my bike next year.It's pretty sad to think that my kids,or myself could of been laying out in the desert because I was too cheap to invest in a product that one day may save their lives or the ability to live it on their own.Thanks for the strong advice on buying this product.
  • 357Warrior

by 357Warrior » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:58 pm

IMHO there's no doubt you need to protect your body from any possible injury, but I do believe you don't have to spend top dollar to get it (protection).

Companies like Alpinestars charge top dollar cause of their name, I know there's others out there that offer the same protection and in some cases better.

IMO the thing to do is go and try as many as you can and make an educated decision and what feels best for you.

Bottom line is, you don't have to break the bank to get good protection!

Oh yeah, and be safe! \:D/