2017 Crf450X Fuel screw
  • RedRocket

2017 Crf450X Fuel screw

by RedRocket » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Any ideas how to get the stock fuel screw out without pulling the carb off? It looks like there
    is a screw in the carb that keeps the stock fuel screw from backing out.
  • Back2-2

Re: 2017 Crf450X Fuel screw

by Back2-2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:52 pm

Hello, first - if it looks like a screw, as in a slotted screw head then it is not a plug but a AF screw. If it looks like a half circle or "D" then is not a plug but a spec head on the AF screw. If it is a flat surface it is a plug. If is a anti-tamper plug I will not say it can't be removed while on the bike but you will have to creative and agile. A small hole will need to be drilled in the end and use something to
    get a bite into the plug and leverage it out. If it is a "D" head adjustment screw some people use a Electrical Butt connector heated until soft and pushed over the head and allow to cool. That can then be used to either extract the "D" head and replace or use as is withe the connector end as the thumb knob.
    Not sure if that helped or not. Using a mirror you can do some further investigation and see what you have and proceed.
    For what it's worth - the numbered thumb adjusting screws are really nice to replace the OEM slotted adjustment screw.
    It's a tight area to try and work and rotating the carb bottom to the left really helps do any work on the carb. Loosen the boots and give the throttle cable some slack and it will rotate fairly easily.

Geez, that seemed like a lot of chat for a simple thing. I think I'm becoming Jim ! :shock: :D
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Becoming Jim- I thought you two were brothers, Lol.

Yeah it is a wordy thing to explain.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:10 pm

We do act like brothers in some ways...
    Jim is about ten minutes younger than me so it would be more like twins. :shock: ](*,)
    I have a bunch of sisters so he's the brother I never had and he can go on and on like my one sister. :P
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • RedRocket

by RedRocket » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:51 pm

Thank you! Got it out! I looked harder than it actually was. I will have to get the numbered screw, I bought the
    Crf's Only T-handle screw but its a pain to turn on a 450. I had it on my 250 but had more room. Man with these
    few mods it is a beast! Gotta figure out jetting though followed the JD instructions exactly and fuel screw instructions
    whel i turn the fuel screw in or out no change. But may wait till i break it in before messing with that.