Right Turns
  • rhiocrf230

Right Turns

by rhiocrf230 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:14 pm

I have a 2007 CRF 250R. This might sound wierd and I wonder if I really know how to ride. When going down as a a steep trail for some reason when I have to turn a sharp right I find it very difficult to do. The past few times I have to get off the bike and walk it a couple of feet around the turn. The left turn is no problem. I think since I have to put my right foot down and remove it from the brake it is messing me up since I only have the front brake to slow my decents. Any tips on this simple move...thanks.....
  • der_berger

Re: RIGHT TURNS

by der_berger » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 pm

rhiocrf230 wrote:I have a 2007 CRF 250R. This might sound wierd and I wonder if I really know how to ride. When going down as a a steep trail for some reason when I have to turn a sharp right I find it very difficult to do. The past few times I have to get off the bike and walk it a couple of feet around the turn. The left turn is no problem. I think since I have to put my right foot down and remove it from the brake it is messing me up since I only have the front brake to slow my decents. Any tips on this simple move...thanks.....

I tend to use a lot of rear brake and body weight shifting to the point were I slide my back end to where I want it when making tight down hill corners on the trails and most of the time I stand since its easier to control the bike from standing position.