Intake Manifold Gasket/oRing
  • mtvanstaden

Intake Manifold Gasket/oRing

by mtvanstaden » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:32 am

I pulled off the intake manifold boot that goes between the carb and the cylinder. It had an oRing in the recessed trench that is made for an oRing, but it also had a paper gasket which had a smaller diameter than the oRing and thus covered up the oRing. I'm looking to replace these as I thought I had an air leak. However, all the gaskets I see online appear to have smaller diameter than the oRing, meaning the gasket will always cover the oRIng? This seems odd to me in that the oRing isn't actually in contact with the metal on the cylinder sidewall. The oring is simply sitting in the little trench for it in the intake manifold but covered by the gasket. is this right? Does that part need a gasket? Also the carb has a place for an oRing as well (and came with one) that contacts between the carb and intake manifold, is there a gasket that is supposed to go between these as well? Thanks for any help.

Matt
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: Intake Manifold Gasket/oRing

by Aussiecrf230 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi Matt,
    I would suspect the gasket which you refer to is actually used as an insulator to keep the carby cool.

Have a look at this parts diagram to confirm what you have.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.co ... DER%20HEAD
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas